WHERE WILL YOU BE - AUG 2022


Two figures on a hightop ridge 
still and silent observing time
Neither spoke nor needed to, 
one was old the other older 

The minutes grew the hours passed
until the younger stirred
and turning slowly asked 
where will you be when I am gone?

Look for me among the stars
the older said with wistful eye
his head of grey turning silver
as it caught the last of sun

Look for me between the twinkles
Deep beyond imagination
far from the trappings of humanity
A land with no horizon

Look for me past all the glitter
Farther than the start of light
Free from every known boundary
a speck of universal invisibility

Look for me if you will
but I doubt you will see
that which is veiled in secrecy
sleeved by anonymity

And as before the quiet returned
night filled with twinkles drawn
and as before the younger stirred
Looked aside but he had gone

Comments

Popular Posts