MONSOON


As I walked this morning, 
collected thoughts as companions
Clever ideas matching stride for stride
A cloud above cried out in joy, 
A joke on high must have caused a stir
for it rained its mirth upon the earth
taking time for divesting
every last drop of mist condensed within
and like a large eagle with outspread wings
its dark shadow grew with no undue haste
Until it stretched from zenith to horizon

Umbrellas flew up as the rain came down
Ballooning like hand held parachutes
but I walked on with a smile on my face
A smile that was returned by a passerby
She knew why as she hurried by
her haste required by her subsistence
No time for frivolous indulgence
Soaked and dripping yet overjoyed
I continued my perambulation
Looking up with a thankful head
Time had no grip over my destination

Comments

Popular Posts