COLD AS STONE

Inspired by Still haven't found what I'm looking for
U2


I am the Joker I run through the fields
And turn trivial my every turmoil
A storm for me is merely a disturbance
From being optimistically convivial

Body stung from words flung
Conflicting barbs sharp as razor blades
Why should I be grave? Knave of despair
Instead the steadfast Jack of all trades

I was aflame as bright as a whistle
Raging quietly like a cyclone
It took a scratch to break my frame
And burning desire is now cold as stone

The Queen of Hearts is but a whisper
On the disappearing tail of a whirlwind
To call it gentle would be amiss
A vortex of imagination unhinged

When played the deck of forty eight
In sequence as desired by rule
The consequence of underplay
Leaves the Joker, a smiling fool

- an experiment in UNDERSTATEMENT

Comments

Popular Posts