SPIRITED EXPERIENCE



Is your spirit free asked the mountain
as I ran across a plateau by its rocky side
with no sound other than my thudding feet
drowning the concern in my heart and brow

Can you act randomly, the ocean asked
as I swam between its mighty waves
choosing not to float but instead to fight
the tide that swallowed my hands and feet

Will you follow your heart a rain cloud asked
swelling with pride as it besieged the sun
and blocked its light temporarily
with its shadow and swirling mist

Are your thoughts shackled the eagle asked
as I flew on wings of conditioned imagination
and watched others hovering below
floating cautiously above society's cushion

Unsettled and rattled by the truth elusive
And wondering whether to crawl or climb,
or stare at the wall of  growing doubt
I kissed the orange glow of humanity instead

I chose to lick the last drops of chocolate
and stick a finger into sweetened condensed milk
and let the questions not be bothersome
as I schooled in the classroom of experience

Comments

Popular Posts