IN THE PLACE OF SPACE




And before us there was 

a vast canvas of nothing 
Before the artist brushed 
broad strokes of colour
Water washes of green against blue 
Oil splashes of yellow brown 
dotting an emerging landscape
with an ever lasting hue

In this space was I born
In this place will I die 
while with my life I find blame 
For every cry, for every sigh 
Pointing to the heavens 
Saying it is He 
instead of looking inside 
and discovering Me 

And before Me there was 
just a canvas of nothing
until a million ideas
joined in singular thought
A kaleidoscopic transformation 
from imagination wrought
To gift life from a single drop
of cosmic primordial soup
Stirred evolving divinity
 struck by a karmic loop

In this place I will be born
In this place I will die
Forever intrigued by faith and hope
plagued by the what and the why
 listening to an imaginary face
Preaching purpose in the place of space

Comments

Popular Posts