HERE WE ARE


I wondered, 
worry running on the dreadmill 
of my mind in even cadence
Do Santa's claws help him climb
the chimney before time turns night today ?

I sipped my trouble tea
standing quite nonchalantly
I searched within the powers that be
As I watched the dance of the birds of play

In the quiet,
hidden within pages of silence fiction
Struck on the Rock of patience so Still 
Here I am,motionless, captivated

You ponder,
Is it better to wait than never?
For eyes that have the ask of sorrow
or eyes so true that it clouds
the road ahead of the steering real

Swirling carbon coffee
a flower over the hierarchy of weeds
munching a gluten free quiet so Still 
Here you are, immobile, tantalized

You and I, spill life
into the turning pages
of a sustained, self-burning cycle
Sealing the world with dilemmas reverse
doomed to a fate verse than death,
Still here we are, static, mesmerised

- AN EXERCISE IN PUN

Comments

Popular Posts