ITS OWN PECULIAR WAY


Sometimes my mind in its own peculiar way 
meanders from the straight and narrow
mostly when asked, to stay, not stray
Why, those are rules I just can't follow,
My heart could linger quiet in the shadows
but my mind could never stay too long 
With impish delight that serves no purpose
It needs to do right by wooing wrong
Pranks learned yesterday for today's tomorrow
played out swift, as the rush of a waterfall
my thoughts as clear as broken crystal
the faster I run, the harder I fall

I've reflected on desired changes
and even bought tools to mow the lawn
but found as I trimmed the hedges
The more I refrained,The more I was drawn
to the innate nature of tomfoolery
or call it a warped sense of humour
mirth gained by taking it easy
heating the moment by playing it cooler

Too light an approach for burdens heavy
and adding salt to sweeten the plot
My thoughts have their own peculiar way
of provoking calm by stirring the pot

- AN EXPERIMENT IN IRONY

Comments

Popular Posts