SPRING BREAKS


Hill blossoms in Green and Gold
Open your arms to my invitation
Your fragrance runs to greet the wind
But I seek your attention

A merry brook broken from icy confine
campaigns its new freedom
Stay I ask, for earnest company
under the shadows of the pine

She giggles and splashes over a rock
and speeds from the shoreline
bubbling playfully like a babe
leaving her wet kiss behind

The pine sheds a frosty tear
I look up to see more on the way
in a hurry to leave the meltdown
after three long months of gray

Loquacious in the bucolic wood
the Oriole jabbers incessantly
stitching threads of gossip missed
into a delightful medley

Smitten am I on my observatory post
as Nature births from dormancy
The Sun blows life, Creation awakes
Winter is over, Spring breaks

- AN EXERCISE IN APOSTROPHE

Comments

Popular Posts