IF ITS REAL


I’d like to meet the bee in your bonnet
I’d like to greet the siren of your sonnet
Vision majestic you cause consternation
Vision majestic accuse of flirtation 
Hidden within a complex purse 
Hidden within a rhyming verse
Will I find you inside a maze or
Will I find a vanishing phrase

If she exists she must be grand
If she exists I’d take her hand
Dance all day on some distant shore
Dance all night and then dance some more
Walk a mile on a beach to watch the sunset
Walk a mile in the monsoon to get soaking wet
Wither the witch of this grim fairy tale 
Wither the witch in this Molotov cocktail

She lights a fuse then disappears 
She lights the lamp of future fears
Blue flamed will-o-the-wisp
Blue untamed cracking whip
Reveal yourself utopian sprite
Reveal yourself dreamers delight 
Why do you hide behind veiled walls of doubt
Why do you hide why don’t you come out

Resident in imaginary land
Resident creator of quicksand
You have the key to unlock
You have the answers to end cross talk
You hold the power to build or break
You hold the force to ruin or make 
Who do you emulate clue me do
Who do you imitate give me a view

Siren, pixie, dryad,sylph
Siren tricksy, naiad, nymph
Stirs a song, a sultry arietta
Stirs the pot of vicious vendetta
I hold no answers only appeal
I hold my peace until reveal
What mystery under conceal
What mystery if it’s real


AN EXPERIMENT IN ANAPHORA






Comments

Popular Posts