I LEFT MY DREAMS



I left my dreams on a sandy shore
when a million waves came at once
lifted them upto the moon
and disappeared all too soon

I looked up at the darkening sky
upset at what the sea had done
I jumped up at the speed of light
to catch my dreams on this dark night

The angry cloud god bellowed loud
Angry with my impertinence
How dare a mortal disturb the firmament
enter the gates without consent

Forgive me sir, I bowed and replied
but the Moon has what belongs to me
He understood and with thunderous rush
Sped me on my celestial journey

The Moon twinkled as we met
with light borrowed from a thousand candles
he spoke in whispers, hushed and low
and sent me empty to the land below

I left my dreams on a sandy shore
I wish I hadn't because now they are gone
And the moon plays out his wily schemes
floating my dreams in  his moonbeams

- AN EXPERIMENT IN HYPERBOLE


Comments

Popular Posts