ALL THAT YOUR HEART CAN HOLD


Speak softly studio strings
Lull me with your melody
Soft fingers pluck sullen notes 
and return with a harmony

Black and White and no off key
I wish to see my keyboard dance
A waltz romantic not dramatic
and close my eyes in a trance

A latin box gives yearning glance
A hand it seeks to cajole
From its patterned shiny face
A rhythm for the soul

Stretched leather over a round hole
Booming in baritone voice
Echoes from a distant land
Once a native paradise

Tongue and cheek, an ancient device
Twangs a single note sonorous
Finds company in multiple vents
Made from clay, porous

A bell curve joins the chorus
Brushed metal inviting play
Whispering wind amorous
Body paused in sway

Piping before the end of day
Plastic, bamboo, silver and gold
Fill my room with wondrous magic
And all that your heart can hold 

Comments

Popular Posts