AT THE RESTAURANT



I am at a point where I have to make a choice.
I can choose for taste or waist
A choice made in haste
Could end in unwanted waste
What to choose I have to know
lest it show on my shadow
May I bite more than I can chew
Have the cake and eat it too
What is Bad is Good
and What is Good is Bland
So I must take a stand
To be a calorie counter
or chow a quarter pounder
Opinions around me abound
Keto, Paleo, GM, Vegan confound
In the end its no use
if too many cooks prepare my goose
choices aren't easy
Its the same meat with different gravy
Should I go meagre and flatter my figure
or binge until my seams unhinge
Do I care for the baleful stare
as I devour a burger
Must I guise the watchful eyes
 as my diet sits on an afterburner
From the frying pan to the fire
The aromas stoke desire
In this multi-cuisine space
with herbs of grace
dangling temptation in my face
To sneak a peak at the salad Greek
would be tongue in cheek
Do I eat to live or vice versa
Will that Biriyani later cause inertia
If I put all the eggs into one basket
Will I get the perfect omelette
I search for the befuddling reason
why one man's meat is another's poison
Ah, sweet the confusion of food
Does nothing to elevate my mood

Comments

Popular Posts