SIGHT READING


Thoughts felt during the walk around an art exhibition.
Artist: Reji Joseph, Dakshin Chitra Art gallery. 08.03.2018

Twice I did meander through the sea of canvases
As they to each other spoke in a secret language

The codes etched by the painter hand
Colors vibrating on the stretched fabric

I was alone in the drumming quiet
An invader in their oily huddle

Myriad: The colors, the colors
A random hotch-potch of symmetric shapes

Transforming as I gazed
into discarded education imparters

Sticks of colorful chalk talking about hereafter
Discarded by technology. No more vehicles of knowledge transfer


Life I and II: The black tribal motif against a colorful not so detailed flower
Death close at heels of Life. Ever ready to transfer power

My World: An expansive asymmetry. Canvases spaced unevenly
The tree of solidity against icy peaks. Illusion or reality

Opportunity: I stayed for a long time looking into the depths
Willing for forms to appear and guide me into its secrets

Euphoria: An  electrified paramecium LSDeed
A shock, A giggle of wriggles high on speed

Tranquil: The first pass yielded nothing from its confines
On the second  I noticed the branching lines

Hidden amidst the potpourri of colored dots
and I smiled as reflections provoked me to stay longer

Three Stripes: A psychedelic carpenters view of Bark
Love the choice of colors. Anything but stark

Carbon: Blew my mind. So unconventional. Lines intersect, Lines interlink
Frames that beckon closer inspection. Black on Black who would think?

Harras: The untameable Mares of Diomedes
The difficulty Herculean yet executed with ease

Whispering Willows: Intoxicated by the play of chroma
I could write songs. Lost within its heady aroma

Aricane: A primordial soup reflecting the life's origin
Jumanji on canvas. Quietly awaiting a dice spin

Well done Reji. It was an afternoon well spent with the company of your canvases

Comments

Popular Posts